Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Warren Wilson Valentine

This Thursday is Valentines day. Let me tell you about one of my loves here at Wilson. She is a beautiful, natural looking woman. Simple yet and homely...like Jane Eyre. Her name is Ellison, and she is our library here at Wilson.

I love the library. She is one of my dear, dear friends here at Wilson. I love everything about her, from the people who frequent her stacks, to the couches upon which we take much needed naps. I've had a pretty steady relationship with the alternative magazines, one that fills me with regret for the time I've missed with the great works of literature housed in her depths.

I love studying in the library. Finishing my homework before dinner, while the sun sets behind those Appalachian mountains I've come to call home. I delight in glancing up from my homework to watch the squirrels dancing in the trees, with the leaves fluttering in the breeze. You'd be pleased to know, that I spent some quality time with her today, up in her loft, reading for my World Cinema class, with a nap as the intermission, and finishing off with some of my mathematics homework. It was a great date.

Lora spent the rest of her evening doing homework, and making* no-bake cookies with two dear friends and distributing them to more friends scattered around the campus.

* making here is defined as helping clean out the chocolate lining the mixing bowls

Lora

No comments: